Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The H.P. Phenomenon Hits the Library


This is a picture of some of my fellow library employees holding their precious copies of the latest by Ms. Rowling. We got 30 copies, released to the world on Saturday. All 30 had holds placed, with more holds on top of those, so we probably won't actually see the book on the shelf for at least a month or two.
Don't they all look happy? Notice that I am not amoung them. I just couldn't get into the whole thing. I suppose I'm not much of a Fantasy fan in general. Still, it is wonderful to see people so excited about a book...everyone from very small children to the elderly.
Tell me about what Harry means to you!

7 comments:

Churlita said...

I watch the movies with my girls, but I'm not a big fantasy fan either. I'm always glad to see people get excited about reading though.

laura b. said...

Churlita: It is nice. Since the new book and movie have come out we can't keep any of them on the shelf.

Anonymous said...

The Harry Potter series has actually been pretty good. I read the first few books and actually found them a good read. The movies held my attention and I rather liked them.

This all coming from a gore-fiend and a metal head.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Don;t mind the movies but I couldn't sit long enough to read the book.. when Mr.Giggles is older and harry is long dead.. then maybe I will start to read them...

Viki said...

Obviously, you know that I am big HP fan. I dont get ppl complaining about the books...I think I am pretty well read and find these books a good read!
I love the fact that HP books can make you forget everything and make you want to be child again - by that I mean a child wizard!

minijonb said...

i'm not a big HP fan, but Lisa is. we have so much in common in other pop culture areas, this is her area of knowledge that she has tried to get me turned on to. i've only tried to get her hooked on soccer and F1. i think Lisa has better taste than i do.

laura b. said...

Evil-E: Just proves how wide the appeal is. I guess the stories have a little something for everyone.

BabyBull: The books, from 4 on, are soooo long. But I do know some parents that devote many, many read aloud times to them and that kids as young as 7 or 8 devour them, if they like that sort of thing.

Viki: Fans seem very attached to the story and many are a bit sad without a new adventure to look forward to.

MiniJonB: Thats what I like to see...a little give and take in a relationship...even if it does involve a boy wizard, futbol, and fast cars :-)