Hey all. Just thought I'd throw my thoughts together for you. Hope the mash goes down smooth.
- It was gorgeous this weekend! It was almost cool, but very sunny and pretty. If you stayed out of the shade you were good. I spent most of Saturday at the park with various factions of the family. Sunday I ran fun errands with Girlie Girl and Handsome Lad. Here is Handsome Lad enjoying his pizza...Girlie Girl took this picture because she thought it was funny that they were willing to put the name he gave them on his receipt. Anyway, in the spirit of full confession there was also frozen yogurt involved in this particular day. Don't judge us too harshly, please.
- I watched two movies over the weekend.
1) Ice Storm. I've seen it before, but when I came upon it Friday night I watched it again. It is a really good movie set in 1973 and has some of my favorite actors in it. It is worth it just for the scene with Christina Ricci in a Nixon mask letting Elijah Wood rub against her in the beanbag chair. No one creates a mood like Ang Lee.
2. Yes Man. Me and Handsome Lad were sitting around Saturday night and he was checking out the Pay-Per-Views. I don't usually like to do that, but it was late and I didn't feel like going out to a Redbox and taking my chances, so we went for it. It was, you know, Jim Carrey, but in relatively restrained mode and it seemed kind of appropriate to me as the idea was that his character decided to start afresh in life by saying 'yes' to every opportunity that came along. Hijinks ensued, but you see my point, yes?
- Next weekend, Girlie Girl promised she'd stay in and watch a movie with Handsome Lad. Last time they had a big sis / little bro date we watched the remake of Prom Night. Awful. Boring! The time before that it was Friday the 13th 3D. Guh. Seeing a pattern? I'm not holding out much hope that next weekend's selection will have anything to offer me.
- I recently discovered that Subway is serving Seafood Delight again. I was a little too happy about that. And I felt low about that, but the idea of Seafood Delight with provolone cheese on Italian herbs and cheese bread raised my spirits. I couldn't stay mad at me for being happy about that. Again, I'm going to have to ask you to reserve your judgement and recall who you're dealing with here :-)
- Just wanted to share how happy Sunday nights make me. Two episodes of In Treatment (with three more on Monday!) PLUS, Breaking Bad. Oh my goodness. It is like my little reward before I have to start a new week. And PS --- True Blood returns June 16! Yay! Summer just got a little hotter, am I right? Huh? Huh? Okay, that was cheesy...but again...who's talking to you here?
- Today was my new supervisor's first day of work and the first day all of us have gotten a chance to meet her. She seems very nice and normal so far, but I haven't had much chance to really talk to her, as my former supervisor who was promoted, has been running her around. That was a run-on sentence. Oh well. My friend Milly and I will be watching her and the second she does something even remotely quirky we will be able to give her a nickname. Watch for it.
I guess that is all I can think of for my Mish Mash Monday. Let us all hope for a fine week ahead. No reason to think it won't be utterly fabulous. Um-hm.