Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What's Your Fortune, Cookie?




Your Fortune Is



Beauty is only a light switch away.




Hee hee! I like this mean fortune!

Last Friday evening I went out for Chinese food with a couple of friends. We were finished with our meal and going around opening our cookies. By the way, whats the thing with people just crumbling them up? I think fortune cookies taste good! Okay, back to what I was saying. We were playing "in bed" because we're mature like that and for some reason mine struck me as so funny that I couldn't read it aloud for several minutes. Everytime I tried I was overcome with laughter. Then, you know how you start to feel stupid, because it isn't really that funny, but that fact just makes you laugh more...well, I totally had that going on.

What was it?

"Try something new and different. You will like the results...IN BED!"

Maybe it just seemed so highly unlikely that this would happen. Anyway, the price of the meal (which was very good) was made even more worthwhile by a good, if rather overwrought, laugh.

Lucky numbers 05, 15, 23, 36, 41, 7 (That is how they are printed...I don't know why we have 05 and plain old single digit 7) Feeling lucky?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I will take your cookie's advice....tonight is week night date night!!!!

Good catch on the 05 and the 7.

MrManuel said...

We went to Chinese on Friday night too!

The in bed game is always fun at any age!

Anonymous said...

I found a fortune from around New Year's that was on my dresser. Try this one with "in bed" at the end:

"They'll definitely remember all your efforts"

Well, I know I am feeling good about that one.

laura b. said...

Evil-E: Fortune and the fortune cookie have been very, very good to the Evil One. haha!

MrManuel: I love Chinese food and a little extra entertainment is always nice :-)

Anonymous said...

I always get the giggles in bed. It's very unsettling for my husband. I try and hold my giggles in but just end up vibrating the bed!
.
Do you know I can't read horoscopes until the day is over. I'm so scared of having bad news or interpreting it wrongly and so giving myself a bad day...
I think I may need proffesional help!

laura b. said...

Daffy: ha! Well at least your husband might enjoy the vibrating part of all that!
I can completely understand your horoscope issues. Deciding in advance how your day is going to go is seldom a good thing no matter what!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Your Fortune Is

Man who fight with wife all day get no piece at night.

I chuckled at this one.. very cute..

Churlita said...

I love that. I hope everyone else was laughing as hard as you were.

laura b. said...

MrsHW: Oh, thats a fine one! A little truth there, like in all fortunes :-)

Churlita: I think they were laughing more at my laughter than at the actual thing that was making me laugh.

Tara said...

Nothing better than a good laugh over something you can't explain. It's awesome!

My fortune is:

"Stand on toilet, get high on pot"..In bed! Okay, yeah, it doesn't always work. ;)