Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Curse of the Headcold

I am feeling all discombobulated. Between being thrown off my schedule and this stuffy feeling in my head I am moving through this day in a daze. I can't seem to connect with the outside world...the world outside of my own head.
I need to find a new book to start before I go home tonight. I need to get through my two storytimes tomorrow, put together my class visit for the next day, and also finish preparing for my afternoon program for Thurs. Then, I am off work Fri. So...if I can make it through the next couple of days I will have a chance to recuperate. As a matter of fact, I may see the Swordsman on my day off. That will either be restorative or it will kill me :-)
Now for a small bitch and moan session, brought to you by l.b.@ My Boring Life: I have developed a reputation for being someone that my friends can talk to about anything. I am discreet. I don't judge them. I listen carefully and sometimes make useful suggestions. Now, don't get me wrong, I relish this role. BUT (the big but(t)) on occasion I feel like I am allowing myself to be, I don't know, the lampost or whatever. I am just this recepticle for their feelings...sometimes it doesn't seem to occcur to any of them that I also have feelings, secrets, and stories to tell. Well, how can I bitch? Really. If I opened up to most any of them, I'm sure they'd listen. I guess anyone reading here is my me. Does anyone read here?

No comments: