Saturday, March 11, 2006

Big Doings That I am Missing Out On

Today, a Saturday, I am at work. I am going to miss:
a) Watching my son get his new car (which he totally deserves)
b) Seeing that same son go off to his Sadie Hawkins dance with his little girlfriend.
Work does make me miss important home things from time to time. I try not to mind, because there isn't much to be done about it. The car thing could have been done tomorrow, but I am not the one in charge of that gift or the scheduling of giving that gift so... Just makes me wish I were the more cash-y parent, but that ain't never gonna happen as far as I can tell. I did leave him an envelope with some $$$ for dinner and pix tonight. I have also been promised pictures of him getting his car. WTG arranged with my son's girlfriend for them to be at Starbucks at a certain time. They will arrive in his old car, it will be whisked away and replaced by the new car, the kids will come out and after some confusion over where his car is, his girlfriend will hand him the keys to his new car. Meanwhile WTG and the other kids will be lurking nearby to watch the fun. See why I'm jealous I won't be there?
I guess I coulda called in sick, so I guess in the end I am the one making the choice not to be there...at least that is how it was explained to me....

No comments: