Thursday, January 5, 2006

Got Phlegm?

I'm sorry, I know it is nasty, but I am so tired of this cold or whatever I have that has been plaguing me for the past two weeks! I swear, if I spend one more night trying to hack up a lung or spend another precious moment of my life frantically searching for a tissue, I might start screaming and never stop. I'm pretty sure a good scream would only lead to more coughing though...
In other news, there doesn't seem to be much other news. I haven't been to the movies in several weeks, much to my dismay. Television at this time of year is a vast wasteland. Milly made me a copy of Badly Drawn Boy's "The Hour of Bewilderbeast", so at least I have something nice to listen to when I grow tired of switching the XM from XMU to Fred to XM Cafe to Top Tracks to Ethel to (un)Signed to Lucy and back again....
As far as my reading goes, I am on the hunt again for something new. I most recently finished and touching account written by a woman about her family dealing with her younger brother's suicide at 15. Well, it wasn't really about them dealing with it. It was more about the family, in general, and her own feelings of connection to her lost brother. It's called The Tender Land. I'm not sure what I'm in the mood for next.

No comments: