Here I am, at home on a rainy Friday afternoon. In the middle of laundry, of course. (Sidenote: laundry is kind of a constant for me. I used to do it for 7, now I'm only doing it for 2 or 3. It is less contant than it used to be, but still seems to play a big role in my life. I try to think of it as a little hobby to make it seem more "fun". Hm) Anyway, seems only natural that Friday 5 would put my mind on fried foods! What better way to spend a quiet day than with something that has been all fried up for you delectation? Check it out.
1. When you come home from a long day of whatever it is you do and your brain is totally fried, what therapy do you normally seek? My first therapy is some family time, if anyone is around. I also enjoy television therapy, reading therapy, hot bath therapy, and food therapy. Yeah, it's true. I'm just a go-getter!
2. Of the myriad of desserts made primarily of fried dough, what is your favorite? Did you know Wikipedia has a whole article about fried dough foods? Sure, and why wouldn't they? Still, I guess I am going to have to go with the doughnut as my favorite fried dough dessert. Yes, could I have a couple of those chocolate bars? Oh, just make it a dozen assorted...someone will eat them.
3. Most fried foods are best right out of the fryer, but what’s a fried food that you enjoy cold? I can't think of anything besides fried chicken, which is tasty cold. Most other cold fried foods are an abomination. If you can think of something else, let me know!
4. What’s the most unusual deep-fried food you’ve ever tried? You know, there are so many deep-fried foods I just haven't had the opportunity to try, given how I don't hang out at the County Fair all that often. There was an episode of Andy Richter Controls the Universe, where the office got their own deep fryer and the handsome Keith tries just about everything deep fried...even pencils were delicious. Clearly I need to expand my deep-fried world!
5. Where can you get really good French fries? I like Burger King fries. People either like them or don't, as they are coated before frying. I like how crispy that makes them...essential in a french fry, for me. Very hot and very crispy or I will pass on the fries, thank you very much.
I hope you enjoyed this look into my fried brain. I know at least a couple of you are doing Friday 5 now as well and I can't wait to go around and read your insights. Feel free to play along in comments...or to just comment, even if it is to tell me that my fried food problem may be getting out of hand. I can take it, man.