After my last sad post, a few people commented that I should consider getting away for a day. After the day I have had today that suggestion is sounding better and bettter.
First off, it is always busy at the library on Saturdays. I guess between it being the only day some people have time to come, and other people just looking for something to do, it is bound to be busy. Still, today has been especially taxing for some reason...and I suspect that it is not them...it's me. And, in fact, I am not actually having problems with patrons. It is more the way this place seems to be sort of falling apart somehow. I can't find anything! Nothing is where it should be! That is pretty problematic in a library. People get frustrated, although no one has been unhinged about it. In fact, I think today not being able to find things has bothered me more than any of the actual book seekers.
So, now that I am off the desk I decided to decompress by making a little list of things to look forward to:
1. Most immediately, the drive home. I usually enjoy my drives to and from work. Hopefully there will be some good tunes on XM. Alternatively, I could listen to CDs.
2. WTG was supposed to take Handsome Lad and go to his brother's house today. I haven't spoken to anyone today, but hopefully that happened. If so, I may have a peaceful house to look forward to upon my return. (I am speaking more of WTG being gone than Handsome Lad...)
3. In the near future many of my favorite shows will be returning with all new episodes to enjoy. I am especially excited about House, The Office, Grey's Anatomy, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Dexter, to name a few off the top of my head...by the way, is anyone else watching Mad Men? Excellent!
4. If things go as they tend to, I should be seeing Team C soonish. That would be good.
5. And, tomorrow is Sunday...and I just might take that little getaway if at all possible....
What are you looking forward to in the short and/or long run?