Friday, October 14, 2005

Problems

1. Son who needs some additional guidance right now. Our relationship has always been a bit delicate and now I am balancing between trying to give him space and freedom, while still insisting on certain "house rules".

2. Feeling that endless grinding aspect of my work at this time, for some reason...I just don't see a restorative break approaching. Not exactly overwhelmed, just maybe drawn slightly too thin.

3. $$$. This one is always around to varying degrees. Holiday dread creeping.

4. Loneliness. I'm seldom alone, but have been feeling a bit isolated from what might be called meaningful interactions. Too many superficial encounters and rote exchanges. At times I feel like I would give a year off my life to just be able to put my arms around someone, rest my head on their chest, and just draw some genuine comfort.

No comments: