Wednesday, August 3, 2005

Detente

My LD guy and I seem to have reached a sort of pact. We will be friends, exchanging more casual emails instead of having more like conversations. No expectations, because, as it turns out, I expect way too much. I know I would rather have him in my life as a friendly pen pal than not at all, so I guess that is how it will be.

Just finished reading A Blind Man Can See How Much I Love You. Just loved it. Short stories can be such perfect little gems at times. When they are good, they are soooo good. I feel an affinity for the short story, too, because it seems more like something I could do. Truly, though, I am so obviously not an actual writer. It is one of my favorite fantasies though! Since childhood, I have liked to think of myself as a writer. It seems a harmless indulgence :-)

No comments: