Friday, March 1, 2013

Friday 5 - Lights

Made it to Friday, so I thought I'd reward myself with some Friday 5.  As you can see, this one is all about lights. Let me at them there questions!

1.Where’s a good place to check out some pretty lights? Locally, the best, best thing to do is take a short drive up Glendora Mountain Road after dark. Find a quiet spot facing east. Then you can just sit and enjoy the beautiful lights of the the San Gabriel Valley. It is very peaceful. 

2.How well do you sleep with the lights on? I can sleep okay with the lights on, but I do feel like a corner of my consciousness remains aware that the lights are on. So...it's not ideal.

3.What’s your favorite song with the word “light” or “lights” in the title? I am a huge Smiths fan, so I am going to go with "There's a Light That Never Goes Out" - And in the darkened underpass /
I thought Oh God, my chance has come at last / (But then a strange fear gripped me and I  / Just couldn't ask)


4.What “light” version of some food or drink is as good as (or better than) its regular version? Honestly not a fan of most "light", or more annoyingly, "lite" versions of foods. I guess the one thing I'm now accustomed to is non-fat milk. I worked my way down...2%, 1%, and now non-fat. Now full fat milk and even 2% seems rather rich.  

5.Which light in your house seems to need changing the most frequently, and which the least? It seems like the ones that needs to be changed most frequently are in the livingroom lamp. It has five heads or arms or whatever and one or the other is always burnt out.  As for least frequently...probably the ceiling light in the little hallway. I may not have ever changed that one yet, and we've lived there almost 4 years. 

There! Now you know all about my innermost hopes and dreams concerning light. Feel free to address your own light issues in comments or play along on your blog. Friday 5 is for everyone :)

3 comments:

Tara said...

I feel the same way about whole milk after drinking skim for so long. It's almost like a dessert, or something to pour over pie or something. I'm glad I'm adjusted to skim milk. It took some getting used to, though.

The last lightbulb I changed was one of the bulbs in my overhead bedroom light. I was afraid to touch it, though, because it was one of those new swirly ones and I kept hearing about how they're filled with mercury. I survived, though. It needed changing, the room was too dim.

Secret Agent Woman said...

Ditto on the too-richness of milk other than skim milk.

I can sleep in the daytime without a problem, but if it's night, I want it dark!

laura b. said...

Tara: I will tend to let things go in the light bulb changing department. It is just one of those "ugh" tasks for some reason!

Secret: The dark of night, with good reason, is much, much more restful.