Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday 5 - Last Resorts

Welcome to Friday....TGIF, amirite?  Thought I would go ahead and post a Friday 5 and see what makes it's way out of the closet....here is the closet, by the way, from yesterday's Taraday :-)

Now...Q&A with me, laura b.  I hope you'll feel compelled to fess up as well...in comment, on your blog, wherevs.

1.  What’s something you wear only when you’re just about out of clean clothes?  I have this one pair of brown pants that I only wear if I am feeling unable to bear being constricted and everything acceptable is in the hamper.  They are unattractive, but feel pretty good.

2.  Who’s someone you hang out with only if nobody else is available?  I honestly don't think I have anyone like that.  If they are not someone I'd hang out with under usual circumstances, then I just don't hang out with them.  A little alone time isn't SUCH a bad thing....

3.  What’s something you eat only when the budget is really, really tight?  Hm.  I guess what I almost always have in the cupboard, but don't eat all that much when there is other stuff, is ramen noodles.  They are good to have on hand, and I like knowing that sometimes, if there is a sale, I can get four or five packs for $1.



4.  Who’s someone you call for help only if you absolutely must?  Anyone.  I don't like to have to ask for help.  I sometimes feel like I am the one one always asking for help rather than being the one who gives the help.  But, you know, sometimes you just need help.  The one person I try really hard not to call upon is WTG.  No surprise there.  Sometimes he is the only logical choice, but it kills me.

5.  What’s something you’ll watch on television only because it’s slightly better than watching nothing?  Sometimes when I've toured the dial and there is literally nothing I truly want to watch, but I need the tv on for whatever reason, I will just sort of randomly choose a movie and let it roll.  Sometimes I have ended up being pleasantly surprised.  Sometimes, I mourn that hour or two, gone forever, and nothing but a lingering feeling of ick or ennui to show for it...

And there you have them....my last resorts.  Happy Friday, happy weekend, let's go out there and win one for the fans!

    8 comments:

    Tara said...

    I like your closet! Mine is a tad messy right now because I haven't done my laundry all week.

    Yeah, I don't blame you for not wanting to ask WTG for help. I'd rather ask my cat for advice than to go to him. ;)

    Usually if there's nothing on TV, I either pick a movie from my DVD collection, play video games or turn to the internet.

    3GKnight said...

    If I ever had to eat ramen noodles again, I'd be emaciated and even then it'd only be if someone was cramming it into me. Had waaaaayyy too much of that in college. I make Mac 'N Cheese for my kids all the time but won't eat it unless there's absolutely nothing else.

    May 2010 never see you even considering any of your last resorts!

    Ananda girl said...

    1. I have a baggy pair of grey sweat pants! They look like YIKES.
    2. Like you, I like everyone I know.
    3. Macaroni and cheese. My roomies in college worked for a place that packaged it... we ate it all the time until I thought I would turn into a giant noodle.
    4.My father... the verbal tirade that goes with getting help is waaaay too much to stand unless I am desperate.
    5. I like the news and watch it regularly, don't get me wrong... but when nothing else is on, I tune that in for noise.

    'Ailina said...

    Fun post! Doesn't sound like you find yourself facing last resorts very often!

    Sebastien Millon said...

    Question #2 cracks me up. Marvin the squirrel usually keeps me company if no one else is available.

    laura b. said...

    Tara: Oh, I have a seperate area for my laundry mess...after a week that basket be piled high :-)
    I HATE asking WTG for anything...I'd rather ask you cat too! How is he with cars?

    KenV: I hear you. Ramen and macaroni are "poor" foods, but kids love them!
    And thanks! What a great wish for 2010 :-)

    Ananda: My dad is a little like that. He is a great helper when he volunteers...but being asked really bugs him.
    Thanks for playing along with me!

    L.'Ailina Laranang: Thanks for dropping in and for the kind words. The less I have to face last resorts, the better :-)

    Sebastien: It is funny...and sort of sad! If I had a Marvin, he'd be my fav. companion.

    Churlita said...

    I buy Ramen for the hordes of teens who come to my house and clear my cupboards like locusts. They love them and they're cheap. perfect.

    laura b. said...

    Churlita: They are a consistant kid favorite.