Today, in honor of civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr.our library participated in an InfoPeople seminar called "Fully Engaged Customer Service". Sure, we could have had a day off, as most other library employees do, but we thought Dr. King would have wanted it this way.
Here is what I learned:
1. People LOVED my Je mange les petits enfants Sebastien original tee. It was the hit of the gathering.
2. Customers don't like it when you are not really "there" for them. So, you know, don't be like that.
3. If you pay attention a group of 12 people can keep 8 beanie babies in the air between them. Awesome.
4. People will put up with just about anything if you provide a meal and snacks both before and after said meal.
5. The Governator made weird grunting noises 324 times, that I heard and recorded, between the hours of 9 am and 4 pm.
Sounds like quite a bit of info to pick up, I know. But I am one of the sharpest tools in the shed, just saying. I hope the rest of you had a nice extra day off...or if you had to work, at least I hope you worked in a bit of fun :-)