Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Trick or Treat at the Library

Today is my big Halloween programs for the little guys (2-6 year olds). I have successfully completed the 4:00 pm one and the next one starts in about an hour (at 6:30). One of my supervisors sent me a note a few minutes ago telling me I did a good job with a tough crowd. They're not so tough...just very...active! Things have to keep moving with them. Anyway, I thought I would go ahead and post a couple of pictures of me in my doofus-y pirate costume doing my program.

Here I am showing the kids my pirate parrot. Argh!

Here I am leading the crowd in "Five Little Pumpkins". Not an authentic sea chanty, but don't I look like one of those little round pirates with the bottles of grog on the Pirates of the Carribean ride? haha!

And here I am, yet again, leading the trick or treat parade. Fabulous!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always forget that when you say 6:30 or something, it actually means 9:30 here.

"Doofus-y pirate costume"--there's nothing wrong with the costume, you look non-threatening for the kiddies.

minijonb said...

R! Nice work, ma8y!

Churlita said...

You are the cutest pirate wench ever. I bet that was kind of fun, wasn't it?

laura b. said...

Evil-E: Yeah, I am PST over here, dragging along behind so many of you.
haha! That is me, the most non-threatening pirate ever!

MiniJonB: Saved from the plank again!

Churlita: Argh, thanks. It was very fun. Nothing like a bunch of kids looking cute and out for a good time.

Tara said...

I love your costume, and I really admire your ability to entertain little kids! As my friend says, I recoil at the presence of kids, so I'd be a big ball of coil by the end of that evening. Hehe.

Yer a worthy leader and library pirate. Arrrr.

David in DC said...

Shiver me timbers.

Avast.

Ahoy.

Blustering Barnacles.

(Sorry, I forgot about Talk Like a Pirate Day and these have been building up inside ever since.)

laura b. said...

Tara: Thanks! Little kids are the easiest to entertain. You really just need to act glad to see them and like everything is a great time. They will go right along.

DiDC: Any day can be Talk Like a Pirate Day. Don't hold back!

MrManuel said...

Looks like a fun time!

laura b. said...

MrManuel: Fun for them and me, definitely.