Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Lunch Tomorrow

No, it isn't with my girls...and it isn't Team C (although I did see him last week - geez, I just can't help being crazy about him...for brief periods of time at least)
Anyway, I do know how weird and vaguely icky it sounds to say you've met someone online, but it does happen. So, I have been writing back and forth with this guy and tomorrow we are going to have lunch together. Don't worry, it will be in a public place with lots of people around and all that. I'll give you the scoop afterwards, okay? Worst case scenario? A humorous story for the blog.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a confession. I met my husband online. I read his blog. I left a comment. He replied. This went on until another of his readers said 'get a room' or words to that effect. We e-mailed, sms-ed and finally met for coffee.

And the rest, as they say, is history.

Smug Grin

Hope it goes well!
Sophx

Churlita said...

I've heard both good and bad stories about meeting people on-line. According to some friends of mine, you need to be very careful to look for signs that they aren't already married.

Tara said...

Oo, that's exciting! I hope it all works out! You will definitely have to give us the scoop afterwards!

dmarks said...

Best of luck to you! Have fun.

I've met one friend I've made online: a blogger. Now that I will be travelling a lot less, I can't imagine meeting any more now.

laura b. said...

Soph: I have to say that I LOVE that story! That is so cool.

Churlita: It seems like many men who are married are up front about it and about what they are looking for. There seems to be a very "why bother to lie" attitude these days.

Tara: You will definitely get the scoop :-)

Dmarks: I have met a few people from blogs or forums or whatever. Sometimes it is pretty much a bust and sometimes it is great.