Friday, May 25, 2007

Viral Wiki Fun

I got this from The Comedienne's Sidekick, who got it from someone else, who in turn got it from someone else!

Go to Wikipedia, type in the month and day of your birth, and then list 3 events, 2 births and a holiday that fell on that day. Here are mine:

Holiday: Western World - St. Valentine's Day

Birth: 1913 - Jimmy Hoffa, American labor union leader (disappeared 1975)
Birth: 1946 - Gregory Hines, American dancer and actor (d. 2003)

Event: 1886 - First trainload of oranges left Los Angeles via the transcontinental railroad.
Event: 1929 - St. Valentine's Day Massacre: Seven gangster rivals of Al Capone are murdered in Chicago, Illinois.
Event: 1961 - Discovery of the chemical elements: Element 103, Lawrencium, is first synthesized at the University of California.

You may want to try this fun and easy exercise too! Wikipedia is nifty!

3 comments:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I did this awhile back.. It was intersting.. I think the post is around here somewhere..

Sebastien Millon said...

Cool! I've been to that spot where the St Valentine's Day Massacre occurred.

I love Chicago! What a cool city, so many weird things have happened there. Even though I find it's murderous crime ridden history fascinating, I'm most interested in the wonderful artists that have come from that city...

laura b. said...

BabyBull: I'll have to have a look for that.

Sebastien: I haven't been to Chicago yet. It is one of many, many places on my future travel itenerary.