Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Caught Up Update

Right now I am sitting at my desk drinking 7-11 coffee and, you know, wasting a bit of time. I have been very productive since I've gotten back to work and finally feel basically caught up. At this time of year we are in overdrive preparing for our big Summer Reading Program. All the elements seem to be in place, so the next month will be a bit of a breather.

It occurred to me that I have been reading A LOT. I had all that time when I was sitting around the hospital. Nothing too, too fabulous. Most of it I don't even recall, but it certainly served to pass the time. I did read a cute book over the weekend called Almost Perfect. Chick lit, yeah, but not as silly as some. Right now I am reading The Year of Endless Sorrows. This one, I am loving. l.b gives it two snaps and a twist.

For your listening pleasure, may I recommend Arcade Fire's Neon Bible. Milly took pity on me and finally burned me a copy, as I was dragging @$$ getting my own. If you aren't familiar with Arcade Fire, introduce yourself. Both their lyrics and their musical arrangements are fun and thought provoking. l.b. gives it two twists and a snap. Mm-mm-mm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been lax in my reading these days. I did read Vonnegut's Slapstick in honor of his passing, but that book is over and done in a day or so.

dmarks said...

I've been lax too...

laura b. said...

Evil-E: I display all the classic signs of addiction when it comes to reading. I just can't do without.

dmarks: Good to see you here! If books are my drug of choice, what is yours? haha!