Saturday, November 25, 2006

No, I Can't Complain

Hey, here's hoping you all had a fine Thanksgiving day. I am just back to work today and it has been busy, but all in all I am not inclined to complain.

On Thursday, me and all the kids drove to my dad's house for the feasting. It takes about 90 minutes to get there, but traffic was not at all bad. It was nice too that we managed to take only two cars. The only other guests, my sister and nephew, took their own truck. My dad and step-mom made a very good meal for us, with turkey (of course), gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, stuffing, corn pudding, salad, and rolls. We ate early in the day, about 2, then just spent time visiting, playing basketball, and going for little rides in the golf cart. I think everyone ended up having a really good time. I'm glad it worked out well, because I know for a fact that WTG invited Secret Agent Man and possibly Social Animal to go with him to his family's Thanksgiving. I can't help but feel good that they came with me...not just one-up-manship, but I just so seldom get all five kids in one place anymore.

Yesterday, I did virtually nothing. I stayed in my pajamas until about 1, which never happens! I am reading a really good book called Sharp Objects. So, I got a chance to just sit and read, drink coffee, and play catch up with the never ending chore of laundry. Some of us went to Kick Back Dude's house for dinner and he burned me three cds: Tenacious D, Tenacious D's "The Pick of Destiny", and My Chemical Romance's "The Black Parade". Yay! l.b. loves the music.

So, as you can see I can't complain.

1 comment:

laura b. said...

So the move is complete, eh? I hope you treated yourself to something nice after all the hard labor.