Thursday, September 14, 2006

My Evening As a Guinea Pig

Yesterday after work, me and Milly went to see August Rush. We had to pretty much rush straight there after work, as we needed to be there by 6:45. The movie didn't start until 7:30, but since it was a special screening there was all this rigamaroll to get through. We stood in line and filled out our demographic information cards, presented out invitations, got our tickets. We went into the theater and had our bags very thoroughly searched. They didn't care if we brought in outside food, but they were extremely concerned, of course, about secret little cameras and things. We had to sit kind of near the front, but I don't mind that. A guy gave a little speech about how we were the first ones to view this film, and we were watching a working copy so there may be little imperfections in sound, color, etc. Then we watched the movie. I have to say I really enjoyed it and afterwards gave it really high marks on the opinion survey. Honestly, it probably isn't something I would have chosen to go see randomly. It was very sweet and romantic, like a fairy tale. It was defintely a feel good film, not something I'm necessarily all that into, but what the heck! It did feel good :-) Jonathan Rhys-Meyers and Keri Russell are gorgeous people (and talented musicians as well.) And Freddie Highmore? That kid is awesome!
So, I got a little evening out, a free movie, and a chance to provide my opinion. Yow. The End.
PS - I have a Team C meeting tomorrow. I am so, so excited.

No comments: