Look at us, all Friday 5 -ing and such! Today, we are off to the movies. I really enjoy going to the movies, in spite of the increasingly prohibitive cost. But I don't go nearly as often as I used to. I am more than happy to take some time today to give movies some thought. In fact, I am at work and getting ready to screen Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory for the patrons, so yay movies! As always, please feel free to participate in this Friday 5 either on your own blog or here in comments.
1. Where in the theater do you like to sit when you’re at the movies? I am one of the few people I know who are fairly flexible about this. Many people seem to have definite preferences, but I honestly don't care all that much. I've even sat right up front and been fine. Oh...just give me the absolute middle of the theater. There.
2. What characteristics does the ideal movie companion have? He or she is pro-snack and anti-talking during the movie. But be ready to dish afterward! Let's relive those magical moments together!
3. What memory do you have of things not going quite as usual at the movies? I guess most of my movie going experiences have been very uneventful. I do remember wincingly, when my dad insisted on treating myself and all of the kids to a showing of Star Wars Episode One right when it came out. So, I had a kid just turning 2 in the theater. I apologize retroactively. And even my older kids, ranging from 14 to 6 could not have cared any less. It wasn't really their thing. It felt like a very long outing to me. Pretty sure...no, positive...that my dad hasn't offered to take us all to the movies since.
4. What are your feelings about commercials and movie previews playing before the film you’re there to see? I like seeing the previews! And I like the little trivia games a lot of theaters run on the screen before the previews. Sometimes, by the time we are through watching previews, I've almost forgotten what I actually came to see.
5. Who is an actor or director whose involvement in a film is enough to make you want to see it? Oh, goodness. I will have to make a little list here. Not that I've seen everything these actors or directors have done...but their involvement will at least make me take a closer look -
My Top 10 Actors at this moment - Ryan Gosling, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Laura Linney, Frances McDormand, Edward Norton, Sam Rockwell, Mark Ruffalo, Susan Sarandon, Meryl Streep, and Michelle Willams.
My Top 5 (or 6) Directors at this moment - Wes Anderson, Coen Brothers (count as 2?), Paul Feig, Richard Linklater, and Paul Anderson Thomas.
There you have them. My movie thoughts for the day. Thanks to scrivener who provides the great Friday 5 questions. He says to have a reel good weekend. hee hee!