Hey all. Just felt the need for a quick brain download. Get the odds and ends out of there.
- Handsome Lad started back to school last Wednesday, which seems really early to me. But I think he'll get out this year on May 30. The whole school year has just shifted back a few weeks. Not sure why.
- Girlie Girl is on her fourth week of Massage Therapy certification training. Only 8 months to go. So far she is fine with it, although I guess this first month has been very basic sorts of training, just to make sure everyone enrolled can read and write English and work a computer :) She is looking forward to beginning to learn anatomy and physiology and various massage techniques.
- I'm tired. I stay up too late because I want to hang out with DR. We are on completely different schedules, as he is a real night owl. Even on my days off, we are sort of out of sync with our daily patterns. I guess that is just how it is sometimes and I will certainly adjust at some point.
- This week seems so long before me. The way I scheduled my vacation meant I worked two days one week...two days the week I went back...and this week these five days are looking very long! haha! I'm fully a slacker :)
- It is a quiet time at work. I always look forward to August for that reason. It is post-Summer Reading Program and pre-Back to School (in this district). I appreciate the breather...yet time does get a bit sluggish. So you see, really I cannot be won over by any set of circumstances!
- DR and I are wanting to buy another couch for the livingroom. The one we have is sort of broken down...but we'd keep it against the other wall and get something newer for our main seating usage. We are daringly waiting for a couple of couches that we like to go down even further at this thrift store. Will someone pull the trigger before us? It is a risk we're willing to take! The two couches we have our eyes on are very different from one another, but each has good points, so we are just waiting to see what happens...
- A bunch of us went up to my dad and stepmom's for swimming and lunch this past weekend. It is a bit of a drive to Malibu, but what are you going to do? They always have nice food and drinks and we all just sit around talking. It is relaxing as long as politics don't come up :) My dad has always been a bit of an odd bird and you know how these things seem to become more pronounced as people age. I feel like he and I have always had a complicated relationship. But he is my dad, so I try to let things go when I can.
- A couple of weeks ago I won a little contest one of my twitter friends was hosting. I am now the proud owner of one of my favorite one season wonders on DVD -
- And...I guess that is about all I have at the moment! Sighs of relief all around. Please check back tomorrow when I will attempt to think of a more engaging Choose and Defend Wednesday for you. Suggestions welcomed :)