Saturday, June 18, 2011

I Used to See You Everyday / Happy Birthday to My Social Animal

Hey!  It is Saturday and time for some Saturday Scavenger Shots celebrating the SOFT things in life.  It also happens to be my darling middle child's birthday today.  My dear Cory Social Animal is 22 today!  As it happens, he isn't a child anymore at 22...but of course he is always and forever MY child. 

First, let's look at some SOFT things, shall we?  We shall - 


 Here are my dogs, from your left to right: X, Tank, and Sage.  Well, they aren't really my dogs.  They are my boys' dogs and they live at WTG's house.  They are all very SOFT and very sweet doggies. 

If there is anything SOFTer than dogs (besides cats!) it would have to be a pile of babies.  SOFT!  As you can tell this is an older picture of the babies from sometime last year.  But it still makes me SOFT and warm inside :-)

 Here's one for the birthday boy.  It looks like a SOFT focus shot, that's for sure.  Anyway, this was taken the night of Girlie Girl's graduation party.  We noticed that Social Animal and both of the grandmas were wearing this particular shade of turquoise.  Social Animal had to have a picture.  He also suggested that when he moves out, maybe they could all be roommates.  Then we started thinking of sitcom names for that situation.  Social Animal makes me so proud.  He is a deep thinker, a true people person, socially conscious, and he definitely has a SOFT side for his family.  What a wonderful man he is becoming!

Thanks for stopping in today.  I hope you all have some SOFTness in your life.  It is something everyone needs, don't you think? 

8 comments:

silly rabbit said...

Yay for soft furry friends! Your pup pals look very sweet.
Babies are not only soft... they smell wonderful!
Ha ha! I've taken similar soft focus shots. I chalk mine up to the camera woman giggling. =;-)
Great SSS pics and great fun today.
You can see mine too... I just got them posted. Big grins, laura b!

silly rabbit said...

Oh my...what a silly rabbit I am!
I forgot to say Happy Birthday Social Animal! Best wishes for many more. =:-D

secret agent woman said...

Happy Birthday to your son!

Tara said...

Happy Birthday, Social Animal!

I love the names of those adorable dogs, and I love the photo of the "pile of babies"! Hehe.

BrightenedBoy said...

Happy birthday to Social Animal!

It's odd that people who are younger than me sometimes seem more grown up somehow. I occasionally have difficulty believing that I'm twenty-three.

laura b. said...

Silly: Thanks for being here! I'm so happy to see you around the blogs again. I LOVE your SOFT shots :-)
And thanks for the birthday wishes too.

Secret: Thank you!

Tara: Yes, I think those names are pretty cool. Pile o' babies...maybe I should market them as a stress reliever or something :-)
Thank you for the birthday wishes too!

BB: Thanks! Even at my age, I know how you feel. It can be difficult to reconcile our physical age with whatever is going on in our heads :-)

Churlita said...

All great soft things. What pretty babies and adorable pups!

laura b. said...

Churlita: Agreed, thank you!