Monday, September 13, 2010

Bad Photo Essay

I've felt busy lately.  Which is a good thing, because as you've all seen, me with too much time to think is not a good thing.  Here are a few shots (yes bad, bad, bad shots) of recent stuff.

Last Wednesday evening I went to a concert with my friend Ceku.  She had won tickets, so it was free!  We had to really run around to get there after work, but we had a great time. 



This is a picture of how the stage looked near the end of the show.  Kind of looks like fireworks, but it is just the lights and the mist rising in the air.  David Gray put on a much more flashy, rock and roll show than I would have expected.  I am fully in love with Ray LaMontagne though. 
He is rather reserved, but his voice KILLS me.  Afterward, we hit this taco truck near her place and I ate THE BEST burrito EVER.  Srsly.


 Over the weekend, DR sent me this picture of his neighbor's emus.  Those crazy country folk :)

Here are an in-your-face Love Bug and Miss Personality with their new kitten Socks. 
They needed another cat like Love Bug need to get closer to the camera phone. 
But she/he (I'm not sure) is, of course, very cute.

Aaaaand, here is Handsome Lad sleeping with his new puppy (name still pending).  She is a lovely little girl, but once again....another animal?!?!  What are these people thinking?  sigh.
So, there we go.  I had a delightfully restful-ish weekend and am ready to keep rolling.  Nothing in particular planned for this week ahead...how about you?  Anything special going on this week?

7 comments:

MrManuel said...

Best burrito ever? Call me intrigued!

3GKnight said...

Oooo..sparkly.

They still gave you a burrito after you hit their truck?

I've heard emu tastes like beef, but is healthier.

NoRegrets said...

aw..

Tara said...

Emus and kittens and puppies, oh my! Cute, cute kids and pets!

If I ever get a house, the first plan is to buy a couple of emus for the yard.

laura b. said...

MrManuel: Hello, Intrigued! My mouth waters just remembering it...chicken, beans, rice, onion, cilantro...huge...mmmmmm...

3GK: haha! Well, I am incredibly charming after all...or not :-)
Oh my, I had not even realized that those emus might be future food, but I see that it is kind of big business in NC, which is where DR is! Huh.

NoRegrets: Yes, yes...all very cute. sigh. :-\ I am the old spoil sport.

Tara: Way too much cuteness going down round here!
If you get emus promise you will just keep them as pets and not make them into food!

Churlita said...

Love Ray Montagne...And you can't show me cute puppy pics. I want a puppy so badly right now, but I know I can't afford one, nor do I want the responsibility. Is there any way to have one without all the cost and responsibility?

laura b. said...

Churlita: I am the same with animals...I think it is great to have pets, but they are a LOT of responsibility and sometimes expensive. I don't think some people fully appreciate that part of pet ownership.