Hi! I have been tagged by Tara @ Eclectic Spaghetti. I am to list seven strange things that you might not know about me...so, here goes:
1) I rarely lie. Not because of my sterling character, but because I get such a sick feeling after lying that it is rarely worth it.
2) I went to a college in the Cal State system. I was an excellent student, but not all that motivated, so I hadn't applied for any scholarships. The university I chose was close enough that I could live at home. Also, back then, I could pay for it myself, even though I only worked 30 hours per week. Then I walked there uphill in the snow - haha!
3) I love reading. When I am idle, I start to feel pretty uncomfortable if I don't have something in front of me to read. This may be some sort of mild OCD. Still, it seems relatively harmless to me.
4) I was married for a long time. Now, whenever I think about wanting to become more than casually involved with anyone I think of how resentful I felt during a large portion of that marriage and the urge to merge, so to speak, vanishes. This is probably a bad thing, but mostly I feel okay about it.
5) My first job was as a summer camp counselor. I did it the summer before my Senior year of high school. I fell into it because my boyfriend's mom ran it and they always needed cheap teenage labor. I really enjoyed it and loved the kids, but I can't remember actually tending to them all that much...those little things that as a parent you do for your children. I guess it must be true that going away to camp helps kids become more independent...
6) I wear a lot of black, because it is supposed to be slimming. Also, I seem to spill and attract stuff that stains clothes. Black hides a multitude of sins.
7) I am not a vegetarian, but I think that I could give up meat without too much trouble. I am pretty sure I couldn't pull off veganism though. No, I couldn't.
I don't think I even know of seven people to tag! Still, if you want to do the Seven Strange Things Meme on your blog, I hope that you will :-)