Monday, November 19, 2007

Cheese Anyone?

Because, yeah, you guessed it...I gots the whine!

The weekend was going okay. I had worked on Saturday, but it was a very reasonable day. Sunday seemed pretty quiet and peaceful. Then, without a word of discussion or warning, WTG and Handsome Lad come in the door with a new puppy. Another new puppy...remember that Tank is only barely a year...and he also came without warning or discussion. Now, don't misunderstand. I have nothing against dogs. And in fact, between Secret Agent Man and Handsome Lad, Tank has been pretty well cared for without much intervention from me. Another dog isn't the worst thing in the world. My problem is that I wasn't even consulted for form's sake. When I protested, Handsome Lad said, "Why would we ask you? You have have just said no." This came out of the mouth of my ten year old son. And WTG was right there nodding and smiling. THAT is where my problem with all of this is.

Now, there is no way for me to do the right thing. If I pretend to be happy and thrilled to have another pet, I feel like everyone will assume that it is a great idea to just go ahead with any plans without consulting me. If I bitch about it, as I have been, then I am, well, a bitch and the mean, possibly unreasonable parent to boot. Even though I know it isn't a contest the fact is that I lose. Again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No need to apologize for whining, it seems to be going around these days.

Hand the kids the bills for maintaining said puppy, try to come to a financial agreement with them and allow them to keep it if and only if they help with costs.

Tara said...

I feel frustrated and angry for you. Whether you would've said no to a new puppy is not the point, you're his parent too, and that jackass (WTG..you know with those initials, he's just one letter off from being WTF..what the f**k) should've talked to you about it.

Viki said...

Hmmm, I think you should make it clear that from now on - you need to be consulted on these decisions. Sit them down and make it clear. After which follow evil-e's advice and make them pay.

Churlita said...

I'm confused. Is WTG your ex and if so, does he live with you? I can't imagine a worse situation for me. I can barely speak to my ex, let alone having to be directly affected ecery day by his BS.

laura b. said...

Evil-E: Oh, believe me, I will pet the puppy and play with the puppy, but will not spend one penny on it or one ounce of energy cleaning up after it. That is all them.

Tara: One of his many obnoxious power plays. I do feel very frustrated and angry about it.

Viki: I can do that with my kids to some degree. WTG (Wind Tunnel Guy) is my former husband and doesn't listen to reason if it doesn't suit him.

Churlita: Yes and yes. I used to think I was doing the right thing because financially it made sense and was the only way either of us could afford to have all the kids living in one place. As the kids get older it gets harder to justify and as the insults pile up it get harder to stay sane.