Thursday, July 21, 2005

Harry Potter is a Little Wanker

No, not really! Well, sort of...I mean, I'm just not into the whole phenomenom. In my line of work, though, the correct thing to do is to put personal preferences aside and celebrate anything that encourages children's love of reading. It is fun to see kids excited about a book. I just don't get it, though. What is it about these particular books? If I had to guess, based on my cynical view of things, I would say it was superior marketing. I only bring this whole thing up, because the sixth book came out last Saturday, so it is all the talk here at work. Also, today we are doing 3 sessions (up to 75 kids in each) of a Harry Potter themed party. Kids can't get enough of it. Happy to report that none of MY children are particular fans :-) heh heh!

No comments: