Thursday, July 28, 2005

End in Sight

Only two more weeks (or very nearly) left in SRP 2005. It is starting to seem that the end is indeed in sight. Of course, it never really ends. There is the rehashing of the most recent SRP, comments and suggestions for next year and the planning for it begins again, hard core, in January. But, you know my thoughts on unpleasantness....let it go, at least for now.

Not much cooking otherwise. Home life is fine, all things considered. I'm feeling a bit broody, because my oldest son is getting ready to move into an apartment with his girlfriend. He'll be 20 in just a week, so it is certainly within reason that he would want to move out...that is actually exactly how old I was when I moved out. I feel like I am pretty prepared for them to start moving in this other direction (namely away from me). Still, change is almost always hard in one way or another.

Right now I am reading, for the umpteenth time Family Pictures. It is a very...involved book. It has been one of those ones I can reread with pleasure time after time. I do always feel rather silly rereading something when I have so much that I haven't gotten to on my "To Read" list. At the same time, it can be very relaxing to just enjoy something that you KNOW is good. I guess I need a bit of comfort at this time.

No comments: