Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Some Updates and Such

Just wanted to drop a quick note while I can. Busy days are nipping at my heels! Which is mostly a good thing.  I'm trying not to feel overwhelmed...but there is so much going on right now over which I have very little control.  I think that is the hardest part of any issue...lack of control. 

WTG and the boys (men) there have just barely a month in which to situate themselves and be out of their house.  WTG, whatever.  The guys, I have concerns.  Yes, they are grown men. (25 and 22!) But they just don't seem to be preparing and as a mom I still worry.  But...not much I can do materially.

The transmission is shot in my car.  I can't come close to affording to fix it.  WTG is trying to help by finding the best deal on someone dropping in a used one.  But even so, it may be a couple of months before I can get it together financially to move forward on a repair.  In my heart, I suspect my mom will come to my rescue again.  And I am so, so, so grateful and fortunate...and so, so, so guilty feeling. I try to pay her back for all she does for me, but I admit that she moves to the bottom of the list of debts when things are tight (always). And she is so kind about it.  The ONLY person I know of who has never made me feel bad about needing something from her. The ONLY person who doesn't make you feel like since they've given you something, they now have some claim on all that you do. I know some people have zero options, so believe me, I do feel lucky that both of my parents have been able to help me when I need it.  But as a middle aged woman, I feel awful that I have to keep asking.

But hey!  I have good news too!  Did you notice the countdown clock in the right margin?  DR is finally coming back!  For the first time since he left at the end of May last year, there is a DEFINITE plan for his return to California and to me.  He's done what he can do for his family and now it is finally, finally time for us to be able to move forward!!! I'm so happy and so relieved. I don't have any ridiculous thoughts that having him here will make everything alright...but it will certainly make things much, much better.  He'll be leaving, by car, the afternoon of December 14....so three days or so later, he will be here!

So let me close here on a happy note :) 

Saturday, I was the only one who did Saturday Scavenger Shots, so I guess I will let that go for now. If anyone else remains interested, of course, let me know. I'm always up for it. But it isn't much fun to play alone.

Tomorrow - Choose and Defend Wednesday.  If you haven't done last week's, would you? Please? It would mean a lot to me.   Thx!  TTYL!  xoxo

 

5 comments:

secret agent woman said...

The last bit is really good to hear. And it made me realize I'd never known why DR was away, just that he was away. What a nice Christmas present that will be.

Anonymous said...

I'm really excited for you about DR! That truly is a good thing, I'm sorry about the other things...stress over family and stress over money is never a good thing so I'm really hoping that they work out.

laura b. said...

Secret: It really is the one thing missing in my life right now...so yeah, Merry Xmas to me! :)

Silver: Thank you. I am trying to remain my optimistic self and it is good to know that something I'd been hoping for is actually happening!

NoRegrets said...

I'm so happy for you! That you have great parents! ;-) Yes, and oh, that DR is coming home.

I'm sorry about the car thing. That sucks. At least you have an option though...

laura b. said...

NoRegrets: I ended up exercising that option and my great mom helped me fix my car :-)
I can't wait to see DR again!