Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday 5 - Everyday Tasks

Since it is Friday, at last, I thought to myself - why not do some Friday 5?  They usually give me some food for thought.  This one is about the everyday things that we all know and love.  I invite you to participate in comments or on your own blogs! 

1.What everyday task is more difficult for you than it should be?  Anything having to do with meals. I like eating, but I am not crazy about deciding what to eat or preparing it for myself and/or others.  I would prefer that good food just magically appear in front of me. Come on lottery! Mama needs an awesome chef!

2.What everyday task do you usually put off for as long as possible?  It isn't quite an everyday task, but I find myself putting off gassing up the car.  Sometimes it feels like an everyday task...feels like too much money, too often, and I try tend to ride the fumes a bit.

3.What everyday task do you perform especially well?  Hm. Well, I guess I perform my commute pretty well.  I don't, as a rule, get impatient or feel stressed when the traffic is bad. I use the time to enjoy music and the feeling of just being in my little capsule.  But my commute is not really all that long, so it is a slight boast :)

4.What everyday task has most recently been added to your every day? There hasn't been anything very recently added.  I guess the biggest, most recent change, as been Handsome Lad's weird and sometimes inconvenient Cross Country practice schedule. I think we've only got another three or four weeks of that.   

5.What everyday task makes the least sense to you? Most everyday tasks are so routine that they just get done.  Sometimes I have that compulsion to not make the bed, because I'm just going to unmake it in another 17 or 18 hours anyway. And sometimes I give in to that compulsion.  No need to be a slave to these chores!  Get crazy and skip a shower!  Or, you know...maybe not....

Image from http://www.nataliedee.com/

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hardly ever make my bed either. Its funny though, when I lived away from home I almost always made my bed but now, I just can't be bothered.

secret agent woman said...

I often line up with you on at least several of the answers, but not this time since I love to cook - it's probably the everyday task I do especially well - and I almost always make the bed (which, after all, only involves pulling up the comforter). And my commute is a mile and a half so I can't even brag about doing that well. I hate general picking up. Boring. I procrastinate like crazy and then feel overwhelmed. In fact, procrastinating on it right now and I seriously need to clean up.

dmarks said...

As for the image, that always helps when you are dating Miss Piggy.

laura b. said...

Silver: I mostly end up making my bed, but I often wonder why :)

Secret: I know how you love to cook! I honestly wish I did. It's an amazing quality.
I got in the habit of picking up CONSTANTLY. That is from having five kids.

Dmarks: haha! It ain't easy bein' green...

silly rabbit said...

Ha! Here I am on Monday with your Friday on my mind.
1)Doing the dishes. They mock me from the sink. Eventually I have to get them into the dishwasher to stop trying to ignore them.
2)Well... here again, the dishes!
3)Laundry... I like it exactly right, from washer to being put away.
4)I have become the errand runner because the man is sleeping during errand running time.
5)I have to agree with the bed making. It makes no sense to me to make it when I get up when the man is going to crawl into it an hour later.

laura b. said...

Silly: I will do your dishes, if you'll do my laundry! :)
And if I were you, I definitly wouldn't bother with the bed.