Saturday, August 27, 2011

Everybody In the Room Notices You

Today's Saturday Scavenger Shot word was chosen by me and may well be done by only me.  FINE!  BE LIKE THAT!  Ooooohhhh, I was all yelling there!  Alarming, right?  Well, um, anyway...our word for today is KEY.  That wasn't a yell, that is just the way I always write the Saturday Scavenger Shots word.  Although if you want, we could go old skool Pee Wee Herman and yell every time someone says that word today.  Want to?

Now then, there are a couple of shots I took this morning at the very uncivilized hour of 6:30 am.  On a Saturday.  Um hm.

Handsome Lad had to be at his XC practice bright and early for a five mile training run.  It is good for the kids to run early in the day, before it gets so hot.  It is bad for the parents of the kids who don't drive yet, because it is Saturday morning and mama likes her beauty sleep.  But, training is the KEY to success in any sport!  So, run free Handsome Lad, run free!  Let's see...I worked the word in there, didn't I?  
Yes!  Very good.

This shot looks almost artsy doesn't it?  Here we see my car KEY, a bit chewed looking.  But I enjoy the way this KEY in the ignition makes you think of a beautifully photographed worn, lined face, lovely in it's flaws.  Shut up and stop singing that stupid R. Kelly song about putting your KEY in the ignition!  Let's have some respect for my pretty KEY shot!!!  Thank you.  My goodness, you people.

That is all I have for you today.  I have no more KEYs for you.  I would offer you the KEY to the Kingdom, but it seems there are no takers there :)  Have a great rest of the weekend and make sure to head for high ground if you are in to that sort of thing.

8 comments:

Tara said...

I'm not an R. Kelly fan so I didn't know that reference, but I am a fan of YOU! I like that shot, and 6:30am on a weekend is definitely an ungodly hour. It even hurts to think of it, right now!

FW said...

6.30am on a Saturday? A Saturday! That's dedication, well I gotta admire that (then go back to my bed).

AlienCG said...

If I'm up at 6:30am on a Saturday, the most exercise I'm doing doing is coffee cup curls. Coffee...the most important meal of the day.

I do like the artsy shot of the key. It represents the struggle of man against himself and the finite nature of life itself. Either that or it means that somebody has someplace to go.

NoRegrets said...

Why can't I have the key to the Kingdom??

secret agent woman said...

Actually, that key in the ignition shot is way cool. And really, early morning is the best time to run.

laura b. said...

Tara: Aw!!!! Thanks!
This Saturday I work, so another early day that shouldn't be early :-(

FW: What we parents won't do for our dedicated children, eh?

AlienCG: Fully in agreement. Coffee does a body good :-)
haha! I like the artistic interpretations of my vision.

NoRegrets: For you? Anything.

Secret: Thank you!
With the weather as hot as it has been, I know the kids appreciate the early morning's slightly cooler temps. Also, I'm sure they are feeling fresh and energetic early in the day.

Churlita said...

I love the car key shot. It's beauty. Art is key!

laura b. said...

Churlita: haha! Clever :) Thank you.