Before you do anything else, if you haven't already, go to yesterday's post for Choose and Defend Wednesday! Not to be missed. Thank you. Now...
I am doing a super duper meme today! I saw one on Oodles of Funch and another on Raising Sunny and I loved all of the questions so much that I had to answer them all. The bear loves to talk :-)
Okay here are Ananda Girl's questions and my answers:
1) If you could live anywhere on Earth, where would it be? Anywhere my kids are is my world at this time in my life. Of course, my heart is torn with DR elsewhere. If I could live anywhere on Earth it would be some magical place where they and he are in the same area code, more or less :-)
2) What thing really burned you up recently? A couple of days ago I was having one of those days where everything chafed. I wasn't feeling burning anger, but with enough sparks I could have gone up in flames I suppose. It was very non specific. Just me being moody it seems.
3) What thing or event or person really made you happy recently? My friend Milly just invited me to be one of the first people to stop in and see her new house. I'm really excited for her and happy to be on top of her guest list.
4) The age old questions... choose all or whatever;
Pepsi or Coke? Super Chill Cola! (It's Albertson's store brand and I really like it!) But...Coke.
Miracle Whip or Mayo? Mayonnaise all the way, baby.
Stones or Beetles? Love them both, but going to go with Beatles 4evR.
5) What was the strangest thing you have done? People who knew me when I was younger would say my life from age 21 onward has been strange, for me :-) I was NOT going to be that girl who had a bunch of kids and not much of a career! But look at me now. Strange, but good strange.
6) Who is your personal hero? My first son, for his sense of responsibility and his great wells of affection. My second son, for his strong sense of self and personal strength. My third son, for his deep intelligence and sense of the absurd. My daughter, for her amazing mind and her incredible confidence. My fourth son, for his enthusiasm for all that life has to offer and his devastating charm.
7) What did you do as a child that gave you a sense of pride? My participation in competitive skating gave me a huge sense of accomplishment and a feeling of belonging. I'm so glad to have had that foundation.
8) How are you connected to Kevin Bacon? (Supposedly we all are in some way.) Tough one...well, he was in a movie called The Big Picture, which was written and directed by Christopher Guest. Christopher Guest also wrote This is Spinal Tap, which has my very most favorite line of all time - These go to eleven. Classic. Um, how's that? haha!
9) What do you have an honest passion for? Connecting kids to the right books at the right time :-) I genuinely love it when they come back and tell me how they enjoyed something I helped them find.
10) How lame is this set of questions? The answer is none. None lame. Great questions, thank you Ananda!
Continuing on, these are Crazy4Coen's questions and my answers:
1. What is your earliest memory? I don't know how real this is, but when prodded to remember my first memory, I always come up with this time when I was...probably less than three. I was alone in the house, or imagined I was. It was very quiet and sunny. I was laying on the carpet looking at the filmy curtains stirring slightly in a breeze. I felt so alone, but I also felt safe.
2. Did you ever believe in the Easter Bunny? My sister and I were told there was an Easter Bunny and I feel certain that I believed it for some time. And then, like with Santa, I chose to believe it even when I didn't anymore.
3. Where did you learn the most - preschool, elementary school, junior high, high school, college, post grad, or elsewhere? That is a really tough one! I keep feeling there is so much left for me to learn that my best learning may be yet to come!
4. What is your favorite Bob Dylan song or album? Oh, I am going to be boring and confess that I really love Forever Young. It always touches me.
5. If your house was on fire (or flooding, or in the path of tornado) what would you be glad (secretly or otherwise) to never see again? Honestly? Most of my clothes. I hate shopping for clothes, but you know...if I were forced. So many of them have seen better days. *sigh*
6. Would you rather read fiction or non-fiction and why? I like reading, in general, of all sorts. Since it is my drug of choice, so to speak, my way to escape, I do prefer the world of fiction. I feel like I am in someone else's head or life. Although sometimes that even happens with non-fiction.
7. Do you receive the newspaper delivery at your home? No, I didn't get it when I moved to my apt and I can't say I miss it.
8. Mac or PC? PC. I've never used a Mac.
9. Was your first kiss all that you hoped it would be? Yes, my first kiss was lovely and very sweet. I wouldn't trade it for the world.
10. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would spend money on? haha! From this, looks like books or new clothes :-) But honestly, the first thing I would do is pay my mom back all I owe her and plenty of interest on top. She's always been there for me and I would love to make it up to her somehow.
Thanks to anyone who read through this...and thanks to Ananda and C4C for the wonderfully thought provoking questions. Now everyone knows more about me than they ever could have wished. haha!