Happy Friday everyone! I am off work today and trying to rest up because I have a huge program and way too much desk time at work tomorrow. So, wish me luck with that, please :-) In the meantime, let us divert ourselves with a really cute Friday 5. Please feel free to play along on your own blog or in comments...and be sure to check out Tara's answers over at Eclectic Spaghetti!
1. In the fairy tale of your life, who is the knight in shining armor? Women of my generation grew up and were taught that it was wrong to pin your happiness on a man...or wait to be saved by a man, your knight in shining armor, in the traditional sense. I will confess, a part of me still wishes for that, would love to be saved by someone who would turn out to be the love of my life. I don't think DR is my knight in shining armor as much as I'd like for him to be. It just isn't his thing. But I do still believe that in a sense, love can save you. Clearly, I don't have a fun or funny answer for this question, as you have no doubt sinkingly figured out if you read this far :-)
2. In the fairy tale of your life, who is the evil villain? haha! I'd love to put WTG here, but of course he is not really the villain in my life. He's played a big role, no doubt. Sometimes villain, but sometimes the knight or the fairy godmother even. That cliche about being my own worst enemy is so, so true. My ability to imagine the worst and to create circular arguments in my head is the real evil villain. Bad, bad brain!
3. In the fairy tale of your life, who is the loyal, comedic sidekick? I am more the sidekick type myself, not the Princess or the leading lady. But my most loyal and comedic sidekick over the years has become my oldest son, Kick Back Dude. It isn't that he is only loyal to me...he is loyal by character...and definitely comedic and definitely someone I've come to count on for a little down to earth advice.
4. In the fairy tale of your life, what comes right after “Once upon a time…?” ...there was an rather unassuming woman who had the power to feel with all of her heart. It was both a blessing and a curse.
5. In the fairy tale of your life, who is the fairy godmother? I think I've been lucky enough to have a few people looking out for me over the years. My mom, of course. She is always there for me. When my dad acts in that capacity it is a nice surprise. DR is watching over my heart, or at least trying to. But one of my resolutions is always to do better taking care of myself and I am always trying to be my own fairy godmother and bring good things to myself.
Whoa, I got kind of heavy here and I apologize for that! The questions just sort of brought it out in me. There is a song lyric that says - With Beauty fading everyday, I'm waiting for Charming to carry me away. Where's my happy ending? Yeah. Welp...have an enchanted weekend...and remember to think good thoughts for me tomorrow.