Just thought I'd post a few odds and ends today. One of my mental clean-ups, I guess.
- Handsome Lad has said that he definitely wants to live with me. Have my place be home base. He is nervous about talking with this dad about it. I offered to be the one to handle it, but he is resistant even to that. I think he feels guilty, but he is also very unhappy at the house, as there is so much tension there. Somehow, life didn't achieve the standard of perfection WTG imagined with me gone. Well, we'll see where this goes.
- My boss has been on vacation this week and it has been so quiet and peaceful! I actually like my boss quite a bit. She is really a nice person, but she is also rather high strung. When she gets stressed she doesn't take it out on people, but you know how it is...you can't help but be aware of it. Makes me glad the buck doesn't stop with me. I never have to be that stressed about my job. Given my frame of mind, I will probably always be an indian, never a chief.
- I am dipping my toes into the waters of meeting new people, perhaps even dating. Don't make fun of me, but I have just put my profile up on The Onion personals. The service is free, although you can upgrade and get extras of some sort for a fee. I sort of figure people with profiles there might at least be interesting and have a sense of humor. I have no real expectations, but I figured that I might want to start somewhere and see what happens...so, we'll see what happens!
- Oh, and this is completely random, but I know a few of you like food :-) Food! I had the most amazing gyro yesterday evening. My mouth waters just thinking about it...is there anything like tzatziki, tender meat, those little diced tomatoes and oninos, all wrapped up in a warm pita? Yum. Alright, I just had to share that for some reason.
- One more thing! If any of you ever stopped blogging I would be so, so bummed. I'd say devastated, but I don't want to sound like a freak. So, please keep on blogging. Yes, AlienCG, I might especially be talking to you. And anyone else thinking bad thoughts too! Knock that off! Thank you.