Friday, January 18, 2008

Was This, In Fact, the Worst Week Ever? AH HA!

Today I have two, two, two posts in one! Lucky dogs! Yesterday's post was a riveting cliffhanger. Would this be laura b's Worst Week Ever?



Wait for it...


Wait for it...




Nah! Probably not even close!

When I did some complex mental calculations involving depths of sorrow and heights of happiness, I found that this was not really such a bad week after all. There are so many cool people in the world, as I am especially reminded when I read your always interesting blog posts and funny, kind comments.

This brings me to the second barrel of my double barreled post. AH HA! I present to you my Saturday Scavenger Shot! (Yes, today, you know the deal....)
As I promised, somewhere out there, this is me being a winner with my Best Buy Gift Card! Look how shiny it is! Thanks, AlienCG you really did make my week. AH HA! Sweet, sweet victory!

Thanks to Tara for choosing this week's eclectic Scavenger Shot word...AH HA! Go see Tara to find out who is being tagged to choose this next week's word.

Finally, I'd like to thank the lawd, my mama, my posse, and all y'all for tolerating me during my pouts. You're the greatest.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Winning stuff always lifts the spirits. It all gets better...people just get into those mental funks sometimes. Renee gets into them sometimes and I try to be a good boyfriend and simply listen to her and try to understand. I know it helps a little.

Anonymous said...

Yes, winning prizes can salvage even the worst of weeks. Yay! Prizes and presents!

Tara said...

I love those gift cards. That one is extra shiny because it's a major award! Perfect photo for today! I haven't posted my photos up or chosen anyone yet, but I will later this afternoon.

Tara said...

Oh and I LOVE the new profile design! Very pretty.

Cricket said...

Enjoy your purchases. You'll need to share them, too.

AlienCG said...

Glad to see that I was able to make your week. Hope you're in a better mood.

Viki said...

Wait, isnt that what blogs are for - to pout and vent? What no? Damn! I should shut mine down!

laura b. said...

Evil-E: Having someone listen and just BE THERE defintely helps.

NFH: Prizes and presents are very mood lifting, for sure :-)

Tara: Getting the mail Friday was stellar! I'm glad you like my new template too.

Cricket: Thanks, I will enjoy and share.

AlienCG: I am in a much better mood, thank you very much.

Viki: haha! I know, we all do it. I will feel guilty, but will continue to do it.

Churlita said...

I can't believe you were stressed out about your picture. You are adorable.

laura b. said...

Churlita: Maybe someday I will be brave enough to post the pictures that made me cringe. But thanks for the niceness :-)