Friday, March 2, 2007

Five on a Friday

I stole this right off of Furtive Wangler.

Five in a Row

1. Name one thing you do everyday.

Read. Newpapers, magazines, books, things off my computer screen. I devote a pretty good chunk of time to one sort of reading or another everyday.

2. Name two things you wish you could learn.

I wish I could learn to play the cello. It has always seemed so sexy to me and it is a beautiful sounding instrument. I would have to start from square one...I don't even read music, so it is rather intimidating to think of.
I also wish I could learn to do one of those really loud, piercing whistles. I don't know why, but it just seems like it might come in handy.

3. Name three things that remind you of your childhood.

-Above ground swimming pools. That was what most of the people in my neighborhood had and when I see one I remember happy summer days spent almost entirely in the water.
-Roller skates. I loved skating and went for lessons and practice a couple of times a week from about age 7 to 14 or so. It was such great fun.
-Certain songs. Hearing something like "Billy Don't Be a Hero" reminds me of the little shows my sister and our friends used to put on for our families and the neighbors.

4. Name four things you love to eat but rarely do.

Plain cornbread stuffing.
Hot fudge sundaes.
Anything with shrimp.
Carmel apples

5. Name five things that make you feel good.

Feeling close to someone.
Sitting outside on a warm day.
Becoming totally engrossed in a story on screen or on the page.
Genuine laughter.
Having my family all together just hanging out.

You should do this one too. Yeah, you!

4 comments:

FW said...

I liked this one, glad you liked it too. I also wish I could do the loud, strong whistle thing.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I listed mine at FW's blog.. great list.. and a great post..

Tara said...

I love carmel apples. They're tough on the teeth, but soooo good. And I haven't had a hot fudge sundae in awhile either! I need to fix that.

laura b. said...

FW: Thanks for providing us with such great fodder for our mills :-)

BabyBull: This was fun, wasn't it?

Tara: I call for a sundae party, asap!