Friday, February 2, 2007

I Almost Forgot - Happy Groundhog Day!

Here is the official forecast right from the groundhog's mouth, so to speak.

Greetings from Punxsutawney!

Phil Says Spring is Right Around the Corner!
Phil's official forecast as read 2/2/07 at 7:28 a.m. at Gobbler's Knob:


El Nino has caused high winds, heavy snow, ice and freezing temperatures in the west.
Here in the East with much mild winter weather we have been blessed.

Global warming has caused a great debate.
This mild winter makes it seem just great.

On this Groundhog Day we think of one thing.
Will we have winter or will we have spring?

On Gobbler's Knob I see no shadow today.
I predict that early spring is on the way.

6 comments:

Tara said...

I watched the tail end of the movie "Groundhog Day" during dinner tonight. It's one of those movies that I don't really care for, but part of me wants to see the end. Kind of like I really want to see the end of winter.

Just as long as it doesn't snow too bad next Saturday. Gonna see the comedian Jim Gaffigan! Yee!!

Anonymous said...

Weather--bah, the rodent is as useful as the rest of those televised weather hacks.

Just as long as the snow holds out next Saturday as well, taking in a 6 band death metal show.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

The weather forecasters don't seem to know anymore than this Groundhog.. If spring is around the corner than bring it on.. I've had enough of the windchill temps to last a lifetime.. I don't mind the snow.. but the cold is making me shiver...brrrrrrrrrrr

laura b. said...

Tara: I like parts of that movie, mostly towards the end when Bill Murray starts to become a better person.
Jim Garrigan is so funny! Sounds like a great evening out.

Evil-E: I don't exactly believe in the Groundhog's predictions, but I do think it is a fun little way to remind us that it won't be winter forever.
And you have a fun weekend planned too! I'm jealous!

Babybull: We've just had some unseasonably warm weather for the past few days, like a little vacation from winter. I am a summer person myself...

Anonymous said...

same great product, new location

http://st141.startlogic.com/~aliencgc/esb138/

Anonymous said...

The above is just temporary, updates to come.