Thursday, December 7, 2006

Party Time. Yay.

This evening is the annual Holiday Party for city employees. Sounds exciting, I know, but please consider these two points:

1. There will be no alcohol on the premises
2. There will be no music or dancing

Okay, I am no raging alchy, but what is a party without a little social lubricant? And no dj or band? Not a party, thank you very much.
Still, we get some dinner, they give out awards for years of service. I'll get my first one next year when I have five years under my belt. They will do a little slide show with photos of other events we've had this year and there will be raffle prizes. I tend not to be lucky, but who knows? Maybe this is my year...iPod, you are mine! :-)

2 comments:

Tara said...

Sounds like a staff meeting with a little holiday attitude. :) I LOVE "social lubricant". That's a great way of putting it!

The no dancing or music would kind of sting, but I like the photo slideshow idea. Oh and come next year (in May), I will be celebrating my fifth year too! We can drink to our five year milestones!

laura b. said...

misfit: The free food was good and you are sooo right about the people watching. It was the best part.

Tara: The slideshow is cute and they do funny little voiceover things. My actual anniversary is April 1, so once you reach yours in May we will definitely drink to five years On The Job.