Double grabbed from Furtive Wangler and Eclectic Spaghetti.
Yes, it is a Christmas meme that even a Grinch can appreciate!
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate, no question.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He is a wrapper, unless it is, you know, like a bike or something ginormous like that...
3. Coloured lights on tree/house or white? Colored lights on the tree and the house.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Some years. Not this year.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Some things will go up at the beginning of the month, but I usually don't put up the tree until about a week before or so.
6. What is your favourite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Figgy pudding. No, just kidding. I don't know what that is but it sounds disgusting. I guess it would be the white chili I make with leftover turkey.
7. Favourite holiday memory as a child? That moment when my parents let my sister and I open the hall door and enter the livingroom on Christmas morning.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What do you mean?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We do our big family party on Christmas eve and open presents from people that we won't see the next day. On Christmas morning it is mostly immediate family gifts and Santa stuff.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Colorful lights and mostly ornaments that my kids have made at school over the years. All those sweet construction paper with school photo inserted stars and houses and boxes...
11. Snow. Love it or hate it? It doesn't snow where I live, so when I go visit it deliberately I love it.
12. Can you ice skate? I can skate, but I'm not used to it so my ankles get sore.
13. Do you remember your favourite gift? One that stands out in my memory was the Charlie MrCarthy ventriloquist dummy that I got one year. I loved that guy!
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Being with all of the family.
15. What's your favourite holiday dessert? I like it when someone opens a box of See's. Simplicity baby!
16. What is your favourite holiday tradition? Everyone in the house needing to be awakened on Christmas morning and entering the livingroom to open presents all together.
17. What tops your tree? An angel with pretty filiment lights.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? As a grown up I have come to appreciate the joy of giving. It is very gratifying to be able to make someone happy by showing that I was thinking of them.
19. What is your favourite Christmas song? I like Aimee Mann's rendtion of You're a Mean One, Mr Grinch.
20. Candy canes? Yes, certainly. They are delicious and refreshing!
21. Favourite Christmas movie? I guess my number one is A Christmas Story.
22. What do you leave for Santa? Milk and cookies. When my kids were small I started crushing up shredded wheat and putting it in little baggies and calling it reindeer food. Each kid would get a bag to spread out on the front lawn for the reindeer before they went to bed. My youngest son will still participate with me, maybe just to be nice :-)