Saturday, September 14, 2013

That Old Familiar Tweet Tweet Tweet

Everybody's heard about the BIRD, because that is this week's Saturday Scavenger Shots word. Chosen by Jasen @ Swamp Gas & Moonlight Reflections, BIRD is a word to be reckoned with. I mean, you could definitely go simple and straightforward with this. Which, okay, yes, is what I did :)

Come fly with me...or float...or maybe just stand around...

These ducks at Legg Lake have one thing on their BIRD brains...food. They very aggressively encourage anyone who ventures anywhere near the water to provide them with something to eat. Honestly, I know it is silly, but these BIRDs always make me a little nervous.
 

This beach BIRD is a pelican. He knows how to hang out on the pier at Newport and coax food from people. Are you sensing a theme with the BIRDs? They would prefer to have food handed to them rather than hunting for it. Well...I mean, I feel the same.
 

Finally, a photo of my youngest son with the Most Interesting Cardboard Man in the World. Handsome Lad took this opportunity to flip the world the BIRD. Because apparently that is what teenage boys do. At least ones whose parents don't raise 'em right :)
 
Now, back to the book mines. It is very busy today and I have a program to present soon, but I didn't want to miss out on being the BIRD with the word. What's next? Can't wait to find out.

No comments: