Saturday, September 7, 2013

I'm Winking at You

Saturday Scavenger Shots! Here! Here! Here! Now! Now! Now! Today's magic word is POCKET. I picked it, but I'm not sure why. I think I just like the sound of it. Say it. POCKET. Sharp, isn't it? Sounds like a game of ping pong, right? So. That's cool.

Anyway, since I didn't have anything in mind, I had to think. It was awful. But I remembered this book that I love.  Check it -

The book, A Sock is a POCKET for Your Toes by Elizabeth Garton Scanlon, has lots of cute, different POCKETs. It rhymes! "A POCKET for a bird is a nest, a bed is a POCKET for a rest."
 
 
Aw! Love POCKET!
 
 
Do I have anything else in my back POCKET?
No, sirs and madams, I do not.
 
That is all I have to say about that! What's in your wallet? No, no! What's in your POCKET!
 
I tag back Jasen @ Swamp Gas and Moonlit Reflections because we're the only fools who still play this once proud game. However, if you want to toss in a word, I'd be more than thrilled to play it and ever so grateful.
 
See you later! Don't forget your POCKET protector, ya nerd ;-)

4 comments:

Bobby said...

Pockets!

http://skullbolt.blogspot.com/2013/09/pockets_9.html

laura b. said...

Bobby: Your post is full of pocket-y goodness! Thank you :)

AlienCG said...

You always come up with great literary references. I guess that's either why or because you work in a library. I've got nothing in my pocket right now except a lot of lint.

I have chosen the word. The BIRD is the word.

laura b. said...

Jasen: It is probably a chicken / egg situation.
Great word, BIRD. I will try to be worthy.