Here is Girlie Girl getting ready to go out on her 20th with friends. You may recognize me as the hugger. This photo, although adorable, is not tattoo related.
Okay here we go with that -
We had a family dinner for her on Sunday evening. Afterward Girlie Girl and Social Animal decided to go out and get some new tattooidge.
This is what Girlie Girl got. It is part of a longer passage by J.R.R. Tolkien which reads:
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
- From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
- A light from the shadows shall spring;
- Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
- The crownless again shall be king
- She is not a particular Lord of the Rings devotee, but I have a t-shirt with that line on it and she really liked it. I thought it was an especially appropriate foot tattoo!
Social Animal had been wanting to add something to his cow skull image. He is very into philosophy and metaphysics lately and was intrigued by the imagery of the all-seeing-eye. I thought it was kind of cool that the tattoo artist made it look like his eye...the coloring, which is blue with a yellow ring around the iris.
As for myself, I remain ink-free. Thanks for stopping in for a look at Tattoo Tuesday :)