Helloandwelcometothisweek’sfriday5! Feeling rushed? Well so was the writer of the the ever wonderful Friday 5 :) I haven't played in a few weeks, so thought I'd have a go today. Please feel free to play along in comments or on your own blog-og-og-og-og....
1. When did you last find yourself in a real hurry? Most work / school mornings I find myself in a hurry at some point. I try to ease into the day, but there is that inevitable moment when I suddenly realize I really need to step up the pace.
2. Often, when we’re in a hurry, we make stupid mistakes. What’s an example from your life that supports this, and what do you do to prevent such things from happening again? Well, here's the thing - my six-word memoir is "I used to act on impulse." And I really did. So, many rather important decisions about life were made in a hurry,
because that's just what I did! It worked out, mostly, but I still can't recommend it as a way of life...so now I take all the time I need in order to probably still make stupid mistakes...but in a more thought-out way.
3. Why are some people so loud in places where quieter voices are usually appropriate, such as this cafe that’s closing in a couple of minutes, where these high-schoolers are being so loud it’s difficult for me to write these questions? People are rebels? I don't know. I ask myself that same question everyday. After all, I work in a library, which people always imagine is so quiet and peaceful. It is not. In the morning, care givers tend to come in with their developmentally disabled charges for a little outing...and some of those folks have very raucous vocal ticks. And in the afternoons and evenings we have the kids...who also seem to have some of those same raucous vocal ticks! Appropriate doesn't even seem to figure into their equation.
4. How’s 2013 treating you so far? Eleven days in now...I'd say the good outweighs the bad. So there's that!
5. Are you more of a December person or a January person? What does this mean, anyway, and why are you whatever you are? I am going to say that I am more of a January person. Let me explain :) I see December as a bright and riotous time, full of activity and (for me) stress. January, while tending towards gloom, is a quieter time. A new beginning and a great time for reflection. So, by nature, I see myself as more of a January person.
Now, weren't these great questions? scrivener, the author of Friday 5, finished his post by saying - Better questions next Friday, I swear! But I really liked these questions. Hope you readers did too! And again, you are welcomed and encouraged to answer them too. Or just leave any kind of comment...except spambots...you guys can move along.
Stop in tomorrow for some Saturday Scavenger Shots, featuring this week's word - VOICE. Hurry back!!!