Saturday, May 21, 2005

Best Friday Ever

Yesterday was my day off and I have to say it was a pretty great day for the most part. It was my baby's birthday...okay, he's not a baby, he is 8 now...but will always be my baby (poor thing) It was fun sort of making a special day just for him, where his little wishes were granted. He loved his presents and seemed to really enjoy the entire day.

I did get some time to myself, though, while the kids were at school. I ended up spending about 2.5 hours on the phone with my long distance man. He is the greatest guy! We haven't yet met IRL, but have spent a great deal of time emailing each other. It isn't the very most ideal way to get to know someone, but it has its good points. We can talk back and forth fairly quickly, but in written form you do have some time to make sure you are saying what you want to say. Still, things don't always come out right and sometimes moods are very difficult to read.

Anyway, what I was going to talk about was how great it is to talk on the phone with him! This was only our second phone conversation. I would love to be able to talk to him more, but between our differing time zones and schedules, and my relative lack of privacy, it can be a challenge. It is amazing, though, how comfortable and happy I feel talking to him! He is like an old friend, in all the best ways. I guess I am here to testify to the fact that long distance relationships are not impossible. They can work. It is all about honesty and making an effort to keep that feeling of being connected in a real way.

No comments: