Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Back to the Salt Mines

Coming off of a three day weekend is brutal. Just when you get the beginning stirrings of relaxation, its over! It was nice, though. Saw a couple of movies...one for the littles - "Kicking and Screaming" starring the lovable Will Ferrell...and one for Me - "Crash" starring a whole ensemble of good actors doing what they do very, very well. That was really a very moving and involving story. It made some strong statements about race and racism, both overt and subtle in Los Angeles today. Lots to think about, which is something I LOVE in a movie.

Finished the book I was reading, As Cool As I Am and mostly enjoyed it. I also read the most recent issues of Spin and Rolling Stone. My little bear friend, Milly, turned me on to this series of books called 331/3 The one I read was about The Replacements album "Let It Be" and was written by The Decemberists' Colin Meloy. I will definitely check out the others in the series. I am particularly interested in "Meat is Murder" because I have a star crush on Morrissey. And don't say a word, I don't care, and anyway ALL star crushes are unrequited...or they aren't star crushes! Yeeargh!

No comments: