Friday, December 13, 2013

Friday 5 - Seeds

Decided to pop over to Friday 5 today to see what's been up. As usual, scrivener was ready with another fun series of questions!  Let me see what I can bring to the table today.


1. When did you last have sunflower seeds? I can't think of the last time I had sunflower seeds. I want to say that it has been at least a couple of years. When I was a teenager, I remember eating them until my tongue and lips burned from the salted shells. I just can't take the pain anymore :)

2. What do you think of the idea of sipping coconut milk through a straw, right from a fresh coconut? If coconut milk right from a fresh coconut tastes like the commercial coconut water I've had, I would not be into it. I do NOT get the appeal. However, I prefer to imagine that it tastes different and better...and I love the whole idea of being on a beach, coconut in hand, sipping languidly as a cool tropic breeze blows through my hair. I mean, come on!

3. When did you most recently consume some kind of seed? Wednesday night, my burger, deliciously prepared by DR, was on a sesame seed bun. 

4. What’s the seediest-looking nearby neighborhood like? I actually live in one of the seediest parts of Glendora. Not that it compares to other seedy neighborhoods, but in the blocks surrounding me there are more apartment buildings than individual homes and there is the stereotypical trailer trash trailer park where a good half of my family lives. So, I gots that going on! Housing is expensive in So. Cal. I guess we do what we must to get by...even live in the seedy portion of a lovely city.

5. When did you last plant some metaphorical seeds, and has there been germination? Upon reflection, I realize that it has been quite some time since I have planted seeds of any kind...even metaphorical seeds. Doing that requires specific intention and for quite some time now I have felt rather untethered as far as specific intentions. I seem to be just floating like a dandelion seed.

"Thanks for participating, and may you reap what you sow this weekend!" So says scrivener and so say I.  You may want to answer Friday 5 questions on your blog as well...or perhaps in comments. Or not. That's cool too. Please stop in tomorrow for a full SEASON of Saturday Scavenger Shots.  Thanks!

4 comments:

Secret Agent Woman said...

I now buy already-shelled sunflower seeds. They are good on salads, as are pumpkin seeds and nuts.

laura b. said...

Secret: I do like shelled sunflower seeds. Come to think of it, I may have had those somewhat more recently on a salad.

FW said...

That's a proper burger! Gorgeous!

laura b. said...

FW: It was truly delicious :)