Saturday, December 14, 2013

Fa La La La La

'Tis the SEASON. So says, Jasen @ Swamp Gas & Moonlit Reflections for this week's Saturday Scavenger Shots. Right about now, you can't go wrong with a word like that!  Sure, I took it in a bit of a different direction, but I am still reflecting upon the reason for the SEASON.  It's food, right?

Here is part of my collection of herbs and spices with which I SEASON my food. 

I had to feature prominently, my very favorite reasons to SEASON. You gots to have some fresh pepper...and okay, maybe some salt too! SEASONs Greetings!

Here is perhaps a more traditional shot for this festive SEASON. For some reason, the backs of our heads figured quite prominently in many of the photos taken at the City's Holiday Party. It's a good thing that's my best side! Oh, what a jolly SEASON it is :)

I hope you SEASON your food beautifully and that this holiday SEASON is full of joy for you and yours. If you aren't participating in Saturday Scavenger Shots already, please feel free to do so! Now all that's left to do is see who Jasen tags to choose next week's word. Ho Ho Ho!

2 comments:

Secret Agent Woman said...

Salt. I rarely cook with it, but I virtually always add a little once it's cooked. But I also love fresh herbs.

laura b. said...

Secret: Fresh herbs are wonderful. I don't use them nearly often enough.