Saturday, August 10, 2013

Let Her Pale Light in to Fill Up the Room

Welcome to a very MYSTERIOUS Saturday Scavenger Shots. I choose today's word because I had Night Vale on the brain, thanks to Jasen the Alien @ Swamp Gas & Moonlit Reflections. Not sure that I have any photos that are truly MYSTERIOUS, so as always, I just had to do my best.

Both early and late in the day, there are times when trees against the sky are dark silhouettes. They seem somehow MYSTERIOUS to me and make me feel somewhat uneasy. I still don't know what this is about.

Here are some MYSTERIOUS lights across a dark, nighttime lake. Probably not that MYSTERIOUS, but everything is more MYSTERIOUS in the dark!

And of course, I couldn't have a MYSTERIOUS post without a picture of my most MYSTERIOUS son. Secret Agent Man, so MYSTERIOUS...or just private :-)

Thank you for joining me for this MYSTERIOUS Saturday Scavenger Shots post! I hope all the mysteries in your life turn out to be good ones. Jasen will be choosing the next word, so watch for that.

4 comments:

AlienCG said...

Silhouettes are always mysterious. Is it a cute, fluffy bunny or a drooling beast ready to disembowel you? It's a bunny, I swear, a bunny. Secret Agent Man must be plotting the overthrow of the world. He's getting ready to enter the launch order (or is that the lunch order?).

I have chosen the word. It is...APPLE.

FW said...

It's funny how even somewhere familiar can feel different at night. Sometimes when I'm driving at night if I approach a familiar location from a different route it can take quite a few seconds before I get my bearings and recognition working. Trees are certainly scarier at night.

Secret Agent Woman said...

When I wake up in the middle of the night, even the familiar objects in my room look spooky and mysterious on the dark.

laura b. said...

Jasen: I guess I'm most comfortable when things are very clear :) I'm not sure what SAM is plotting, but it might involve roast beef.
Also, good word! I can surely do something with that.

FW: I do not have a great sense of direction at any time...and at night, well, forget it. Very easily disoriented.

Secret: Indeed. All that I feel I know so well becomes unknown in the dark.