Saturday, August 31, 2013

Just Do What They Ask

Hey, hey! Reporting for Saturday Scavenger Shots duty, suuurrr! I had such a time trying to come up with something that would fit in with the word that Jasen @ Swamp Gas & Moonlit Reflections chose. The word, ADAPT, could be ADAPTed to work in many different ways. I just wasn't sure how I would approach this challenge!

Finally, this is what I decided to go with. Please, don't all get too excited. My genius is delicate and loud noises may disrupt the fragile balance of my mind :)

This is a very tiny lizard I photographed on an outside wall of my apartment building. I wouldn't mind some lizard-like ADAPTions, such as being able to climb walls and regenerate my tail if it were removed. Wait, what?  Um, anyway, just ADAPT to my oddness and we'll all be okay.

Okay. We get a little bored at work sometimes and things happen when we try to amuse ourselves. My friend Milly was able to ADAPT this kid's Reader of the Week entry to create her ideal man. The photo isn't great, but it says: Aidan is 44 years old. His favorite song is blue Monday and he likes bananarama. Aidan enjoys coloring. He also enjoys 80s music especially ABC.
 
I hope that you were able to ADAPT yourself to my current weirdness. I also hope that unlike me, all of you are getting to enjoy a full three day weekend, celebrating the laborers among us!
 
At his Saturday Scavenger Shots post, Jasen has asked for a volunteer to choose the next word. If you have an idea you'd like to photograph or you'd like to see us photograph, say the word! Thanks.

2 comments:

AlienCG said...

I'm pretty sure those lizards had to ADAPT to life in the big city as it rose up around them. Living in Cleveland, we don't have much in the way of reptiles except for little pond frogs.

Milly is quite the creative type and it's such a perfect adaptation. That's the way it's meant to be, right?

As is stated here and on my blog, we're looking for participants.

laura b. said...

Jasen: We all try to ADAPT as best we can :)

Since no one is taking us up on the cry for help the word will be POCKET.