Golden Globes nominees were announced this week, and while it should be clear by now to anyone paying attention that they are fully irrelevant, they do kick off the season for reflective retrospection, at least in certain parts of life. In that spirit, please announce your awards for the year 2011 in these categories!
1. What wins your award for Best Supporting Household Appliance? I'm sorry. THAT is a personal question. Moving on.
2. What wins your award for Outstanding Performance by Something that Comes in a Bottle or Can? It would would be cuter if I had a boozy answer for this, but I'm not really very drinky. The award goes to Dr. Pepper! I'm a Pepper, he's a Pepper, she's a Pepper, we're a Pepper...wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too? Come on. You know you want to. Just do it...I won't tell, I swear. Do it.
3. Who wins your award for Excellence in Poor Timing? Since sometimes my whole life seems to be based upon the notion of poor timing this might be a hard one to narrow down. However, I am going to go ahead and announce a tie, with the award going to two great blasts from the past - Team C and Gerard...this one's for you. Maybe you should wrestle for it...
4. What wins your award for Wardrobe Newcomer of the Year? Easy. That award goes to the newest addition to my beary Sebastienesque t-shirt collection. Bear with Machete, come on down!!!
5. What wins your award for Outstanding Achievement in Stealing Time? The Internet. More specific? Um...Blogger? No...Tumblr? Oh, I know...it has to be Twitter. There. You happy, Twitter, you time sucking jerk?
(bonus question!) 6. The American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences calls its trophy the Oscar. The National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences calls its trophy the Grammy. What do you call yours? When you win here, you when a Fresh Hell. Enjoy!
I invite you all to play along on your own blog or in comments. I'd love see who wins YOUR awards!