Friday, May 31, 2013

Friday 5 - Ding

A big thanks to scrivener over at Friday 5 for reliably creating a fun and interesting diversion to ease us into the weekend! This week is totally dingy!

1. When is *ding* a most welcome sound? I guess the microwave I have is not technically a *ding* anymore, but I think of it as a *ding*, so I am going with that...when my sad microwaveable food is warm enough to eat. *Ding!* *Applause!*
Also, sometimes, the *ding* or other tone as I receive a message on my phone...

2. When is *ding* a most unwelcome sound? I so seldom have unexpected visitors that when I hear the doorbell *ding* I immediately feel like something must be wrong. At the very least I know that I am about to be inconvenienced by having to turn away someone selling newpaper subscriptions or religion.
Also, sometimes, the *ding* or other tone as I receive a message on my phone...

3. If a *ding* could be heard only by you to warn you about something in social situations, what might that *ding* alert you to, and how many times do you think you’d have heard it this week? Fortunately, I feel like I am generally pretty tuned in to social cues. When I was younger, though, I seemed to miss the point when something went from a discussion to a confrontation. So, for old times sake, I guess I'd like a *ding* to indicate to me when someone is getting genuinely angry with me, rather than just participating in a rousing debate. And actually, I would have heard that *ding* a couple of times this week for sure.

4. A Ding Dong is a hockey-puck-shaped chocolate cake(like) dessert filled with cream and covered with chocolate. Its name is somewhat suggestive to some. What other food items have names that inspire you to think naughty thoughts? First, let us bow our heads and mourn the passing of the Ding Dong era. I've been told something else will come along to replace it...but nothing yet! Nothing! Um, anyway....some other foods that come to mind are jerk chicken and blow pops. I mean, really!

5. What’s an item in your possession that recently received a ding, and whose fault was it? My mom's car. It was a little more than a ding. (Okay, quite a bit more than a ding). And it was Girlie Girl's fault. But of course, I feel responsible. *sigh*

Please play along in comments. Or just comment in comments. Or even post these questions and your answers on your own blog, if you'd like. Participation is the key :) 

Hope you'll stop by tomorrow for my Summer Saturday Scavenger Shots. You won't be sorry. Well, you won't be that glad either...but for sure you won't be sorry. I mean, how bad could it be? Come on. Geez.

6 comments:

onebadscrivener said...

I don't really have a comment, but you seemed a little needy today. :) So have a good weekend, and thanks as always for participating in this week's Friday 5!

laura b. said...

scrivener: Today? I'm needy everyday! Anyway, thank you for noticing :-D

Anonymous said...

Have a good weekend!

Secret Agent Woman said...

I love the "ding" of text messages. I have different text tones for different people. The private ding I need is the bozo alarm that lets me know when to run from a guy. Sometimes I hear it, sometimes not.

Tara said...

Nothing can replace the Ding Dong. *Bowing my head for a moment of silence*

I meant to answer the Friday 5, and my first answer would've been the same as yours. The "ding" of the microwave is always a happy sound to me.

laura b. said...

Silver: Thank you!

Secret: The bozo alarm...I think that would be great. I am guessing you have a pretty good inner bozo alarm :)

Tara: Respect! And popcorn! My blogtwin :)